An informative and useful guide by Tudor Lodge Consultants explaining 7 simple ways to reduce the amount of energy being consumed in an office environment, including turning off appliances when not in use, installing a smart meter, investing in smart office lighting and more. It’s a well-known fact that the cost of energy is rising in the UK. For many businesses, minimising energy consumption is now a high priority on their list of concerns due to this. Luckily, there are many ways you can reduce the energy you use in the office. Here are 7 ways you can do just that:
1. Invest in proper insulationOften, excess energy is consumed due to poor insulation. Investing in proper insulation to keep the building temperature more naturally regulated means your office doesn’t need to consume as much energy heating up or cooling down the space.One study suggests that proper insulation can cut energy costs by up to 70%!
2. Turn off unused appliancesIf an appliance or piece of equipment isn’t being used, try and turn it off at the wall to stop unnecessary energy consumption. If this isn’t possible, try to put the appliance into sleep or hibernation mode at the very least.
3. Install a smart energy meterSmart energy meters have many benefits for offices. One of which is allowing you to track energy consumption across all of your appliances in the building. This means you can identify what’s causing excessive consumption and put solutions in place. Other benefits of smart energy meter installation for offices include:
- Get accurate energy bill readings
- Top up credit easily and quickly
- Switch between credit and prepaid